20. How do preameloblasts form?
After the formation of the inner enamel epithelium (IEE) in the bell shaped enamel organ, these innermost cells grow even more columnar or elongate as they differentiateinto preameloblasts.
21. How do odontoblasts form and what do they produce?
After the IEE differentiates into preameloblasts, the outer cells of the dental papilla are induced by the preameloblasts to differentiate into odontoblasts. They produce dentin matrix.
22. What occurs during the process of odontogenesis?
Odontogenesis, tooth development, takes place in many stages it's a continous process. 1st stage is initiation, bud stage, cap stage, bell stage, apposition stage and maturation.
23. How do ameloblasts form and what do they produce?
Disintegration of the basement membrane allows the preameloblasts to come into contact with the newly formed predentin. This induces the preameloblasts to differentiate into ameloblasts. Ameloblasts produces enamel matrix.
24. What occurs during the process of amelogenesis?
Amelogenesis is the apposition of enamel matrix. The enamel matrix is secreted from Tomes' process.
25. Explain the dentoenamel junction and its relationship to Tomes' process, odontoblasts and ameloblasts.
With the enamel matrix in contact with the predentin, mineralization of the disintegrating with the predentin, mineralization of the disintegrating basement membrane occurs forminh DEJ, the inner junction between the dentin and enamel tissues. Both odontoblasts and ameloblasts retreat away from the DEJ